On Monday June 6th I was lucky enough to get a hands on look at what Call of Duty Elite was all about. Holy crap was I impressed. Now I’m not going to lie, when this service was first announced I was pretty skeptical like many gamers. It’s just one of those reactions people have when they think they might have to pay for something that they think “should be free”. But the reality is, a lot of what CoD Elite is offering, is totally FREE!
A selection of Elite’s free features will let you:
• Access Elite through the web as well as Elite’s free custom iOS and Android applications for smartphones and tablets.
• Communicate any way you want across mobile, console and the web with your friends.
• Track and share thousands of stats with friends – k/d ratios, score-per-minute, win % and loads more, all represented in easy to understand charts and infographics.
• Create your own custom leaderboards to track friendly rivalries – who is moving up and down in your group of friends?
• Analyze advanced heat maps detailing your match-by-match performance – where you killed or got killed, when it happened, and more.
• Analyze your weapons performance – which weapons you are best with in which situations.
• Upload and share videos of your greatest moments through our exclusive theater mode with the touch of a button
• After you analyze your performance to your heart’s content – Customize your loadout – search through all the weapons, attachments and perks, and push them directly into the game menu from the web or your mobile device with the touch of a button.
• Join dozens of groups and find other players with common interests to play with and compete against – find people who make the game the most fun for you – TDM, Lakers’ fans, Weekend Warriors.
• Create a Clan with players who share your interests and taste for competition.
• Bring your Facebook friends right into the game, easily taking your existing network into the Call of Duty experience.
• Seamlessly be placed into Groups with those who share your affinities and interests based on your Facebook profile.
• Start tracking your Call of Duty career – everything you wanted to know about your performance across the franchise starting with Black Ops.
ALLLLLLLLL of that, without even spending a cent. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Personally I’m looking forward to creating and being a part of groups. I happen to have an unhealthy obsession with Harry Potter and the Boston Bruins. With CoD Elite I would be about to create of join a group that shares those interests. So if I want to pwn noObs and talk about how dreamy Alan Rickman is, I can totally do that!
At the event I attended I was able to go through and see what CoD Elite looks like and how it is set up. You wouldn’t believe how in depth this site is with your stats. Check out the heat maps to see where you are getting killed most often. Study the spawn and objective points to get the most out of your gameplay. I was able to play a few matches and then go back and check out my in depth stats on the site.
Call of Duty Elite is a huge step for gameplay improvement and connectivity amongst players. While we were not privy to what might be included in the Premium (paid) membership, there is a ton of stuff to get excited for that is completely FREE.
Call of Duty Elite will officially launch with Modern Warfare 3 in November. But there will be a beta that will be up and running on Black Ops to test and prep for the real deal.
Personally I can’t wait for this to get up and running. If you haven’t signed up to be a part of the beta, what are you waiting for?! Sign up here.
Thoughts? Questions? Love/Hate? Let me know!